- CURRENT COURSES
- PSY 390Sec 42 Adv Research Apprent
- PSY 402Sec 42 Appl Rsch School Psy
- PSY 473Sec 1 Counsel:Child & Adol
- PSY 599Sec 42 Dr Rsch Psychology
- PSY 499Sec 42 Masters Thesis
- PSY 290Sec 42 Sp:Rsch Apprenticesh
- TEACHING INTERESTS
- Creating optimal learning conditions; Facilitating experiential learning; Promoting civic and community engagement; Teaching critical thinking
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Emotion Experience, Regulation, & Communication; Relationship Education; Linking Basic Research to Practice; Personality and Social Development; Social-Emotional Learning Programs
- Ph D School Psychology - 2002
- Texas A&M University
- College Station TX
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- Gadke, D. L., Tobin, R. M., & Schneider, W. J. (2016). Agreeableness, conflict resolution tactics, and school behavior in second graders. Journal of Individual Differences, 37, 145–151.
Huber, B. J., Austen, J. H., Tobin, R. M., Meyers, A. B., Shelvin, K. H., & Wells, M. B. (2016). Overcoming barriers to rural children's mental health: An interconnected systems public health model. Advances in School Mental Health Promotion, 9, 219–241.
- Graziano, W. G., & Tobin, R M. (2017) . Agreeableness and the Five Factor Model. In T. A. Widiger (Ed.) The Oxford Handbook of the Five Factor Model. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Tobin, R. M., & Gadke, D. L. (2015). Agreeableness. In J. D. Wright (Ed.), International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, (2nd ed., pp. 463–470). Oxford, UK: Elsevier.
Tobin, R. M., & House, A. E. (2015). DSM-5 diagnosis in the schools. New York: Guilford.
Meyers, A. B., Tobin, R. M., Huber, B. J., Conway, D. E., & Shelvin, K. H. (2015). Interdisciplinary collaboration supporting social and emotional learning in a rural school system. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 25, 109–128.
- Herbstrith, J. C., & Tobin, R. M. (2014). Best practices in group counseling. In P. L. Harrison & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology: Student level services (pp. 305–319). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Tobin, R. M., Schneider, W. J., & Landau, S. (2014). Best practices in the assessment of youth with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder within a multitiered services framework. In P. Harrison & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology: Data-based and collaborative decision making (pp. 391–404). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Field, R. D., Tobin, R. M., & Reese-Weber, M. J. (2014). Agreeableness, social self-efficacy, and conflict resolution strategies. Journal of Individual Differences, 35, 95–102. DOI: 10.1027/1614-0001/a000131
- Wells, D., Crothers, L. M., Kolbert, J. B., Tobin, R. M., & Schmitt, A. (2013). Strategies for treating bullies. In J. Lipinski & L. M. Crothers (Eds.), Bullying in the Workplace: Causes, Symptoms, and Remedies (pp. 305–320). New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Tobin, R. M. (2013). An introduction to the Wechsler intelligence tests: Revisiting theory and practice. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 31, 91–93. DOI: 10.1177/0734282913478029
- Herbstrith, J. C., Tobin, R. M., Hesson-McInnis, M. S., & Schneider, W. J. (2013). Pre-service teacher attitudes toward gay and lesbian parents. School Psychology Quarterly, 28, 183–194. DOI: 10.1037/spq0000022
- Graziano, W. G., & Tobin, R. M. (2013). Agreeableness as an integrated process of cognition and emotion. In M. D. Robinson, E. Watkins, & E. Harmon-Jones (Eds.), Handbook of Cognition and Emotion (pp. 347–364). New York: Guilford.
- FUNDED GRANTS
Yazedjian, A., Tobin, R., & Parris, L. (2015-2020). Champaign Area Relationship Education for Youth (CARE4U) program. Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Grant. Illinois State University, Normal, IL. Role: Data Manager. Amount: 4.92 million.
- Red Tassel Chapter of Mortar Board Faculty Appreciation Award
- Red Tassel Chapter of Mortar Board