Department of Psychology at Illinois State University
Students should verify their specific date and time for Advance Registration on My Illinois State and register on the assigned date for a wider selection of open courses.
Students who have completed less than 24 credit hours should contact University College for advisement. Students who have completed 24 or more credit hours are not required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register. Students should be able to plan their semester courses by consulting the information on the department's Undergraduate websites and the Undergraduate Catalog. However, if advisement is needed, students should schedule an appointment with the Psychology advisor before Advance Registration.
Students should complete the following steps in order to register:
1. Click on My Illinois State and log in. Then click on Academics and Progress Towards My Degree and print your Academic Progress Summary (APS) or pick up a current APS in 107 Moulton.
2. Review the University's graduation requirements identified in the appropriate Undergraduate Catalog based on the year you were admitted to Illinois State.
3. Review the following department websites for required and suggested courses: Requirements for the Major in Psychology and Model Course Schedules, or Requirements for the Minor in Psychology.
4. Register for courses on the assigned date and time during Advance Registration. Courses fill up quickly, so complete registration as early as possible.
5. If a psychology course is closed, review the PSY Course Override website and follow the instructions. If courses in other departments or schools are closed, contact the specific department or school.
NOTE: The department will not give an override to add a psychology course after the first week of the semester.