Questions? Contact the faculty investigator or the department’s IRB Representative, Dr. Jeffrey Kahn, at email@example.com.
Only studies approved by the Illinois State’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) may be posted on the SONA sign-up system.
Identifying the Study
Studies should be labeled with a security code. Use a common English word that conveys nothing about the nature of the study.
Before Listing your Study
Send a copy of the IRB memo approving the study to the SONA administrator, Dr. Eric Wesselmann, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identify the study’s time requirements using the options on the SONA Study Description Page
- Participation can be documented in half hour increments
- Participation credit must match participation time, i.e., no “extra credit” is permitted
- Investigators must cancel an appointment with a volunteer at least 24 hours in advance
- Volunteers are entitled to full participation credit if given less than 24 hours prior notice of a cancelled appointment
- Volunteers are entitled to full participation credit if investigators are more than 15 minutes late for scheduled appointments