Master's in Clinical Counseling Psychology > Alumni Careers
The first students in our Clinical-Counseling Psychology Program graduated in May 2002. Before 2002, students earned a master’s degree from either Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology.
We are proud of all of our graduates. Many of our alumni are employed in mental health centers where they provide direct services or, in some cases, have moved into management. Also, some of our graduates continued their education in doctoral programs in psychology.
Post-graduation positions that some alumni have obtained:
- Account administrator, Whytecliff Group Limited, Hong Kong, China
- Addiction Therapist/Substance Abuse Counselor, Chestnut Health Systems, Bloomington, Ill.
- Adolescent Outpatient Clinician, Chestnut Health Systems, Bloomington, Ill.
- Adoption Preservation Therapist, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, Peoria, Ill.
- Adult Outpatient Counselor, Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora, Colo.
- Adult Therapist, Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, Ill.
- Behavioral Health Specialist, Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, Lemont, Ill.
- Case Manager, BJC Behavioral Health, St. Louis, Mo.
- Clinical-Counseling Psychologist, Quaid-e-Azam International Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Clinician, Brief Solutions Team, BASE Team, Midtown Community Mental Health Center, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Clinician, FamilyCore, Peoria, Ill.
- Clinician II-Counseling, Community Elements, Champaign, Ill.
- Consultant, Macon County Mental Health Board, Decatur, Ill.
- Consultant, Skill Sprout, Peoria, Ill.
- Counselor, Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery, Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Normal, Ill.
- Counselor, Psicología Integral and private practice, San José, Costa Rica
- Counselor, UnityPoint Health, Bloomington, Ill.
- Counselor/Case Manager, Center for Behavioral Health, Louisville, Ky.
- Counselor/Case Manager, DeWitt County Human Resource Center, Clinton, Ill.
- Crisis Counselor/ACS Counselor, Sinnissippi Centers, Dixon, Ill.
- Guidance Consultant, ComPsych, Chicago, Ill.
- In-House Crisis Specialist, McLean County Center for Human Services, Bloomington, Ill.
- Instructor, Notre Dame University-Louaize, Lebanon
- Mental Health Counselor, Alexian Brothers Health System, Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Mental Health Counselor, North Shore University Health System, Highland Park, Ill.
- Mental Health Therapist, The Wedge Recovery Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Outpatient Therapist, Alpha Assessment and Counseling, Enid, Okla.
- Outpatient Therapist, Choices Institute, Enid, Okla.
- Outpatient Therapist, Heritage Behavioral Health Center, Decatur, Ill.
- Parent-Child Specialist/Foster Care Therapist, Children’s Home and Aid of Illinois, Bloomington, Ill.
- Patient Account Representative Assistant, St. Joseph's Health Services Gundersen Lutheran, Hillsboro, Wisc.
- Primary Clinician, Phoenix Recovery Home, Chestnut Health Systems, Bloomington, Ill.
- Program Coordinator, Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center, Springfield, Ill.
- Psychologist, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Service Coordinator, Cedar Pointe Rehab and Nursing Center, Cicero, Ill.
- Recovery Specialist/Research Coordinator, Fayette Companies/Human Service Center, Peoria, Ill.
- SASS Therapist, The Center for Youth and Family Solutions, Bloomington, Ill.
- Service Coordinator, Child and Family Connections #14, Peoria, Ill.
- Therapeutic Interventionist, CIRCLE Academy, Cunningham Children’s Home, Rossville, Ill.
- Therapist, Community Reach Center, Denver, Colo.
- Therapist, Self-Injury Recovery Services, Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital, Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Therapist, Sleezer Youth Home, Freeport, Ill.
- Visiting Senior Research Specialist, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing, Health Care Invocation, Chicago, Ill.
Doctoral programs in which some alumni have matriculated
- Ball State University (Counseling Psychology)
- Illinois State University (School Psychology)
- Indiana University (Counseling Psychology)
- Tennessee State University (Counseling Psychology)
- Tilburg University, Netherlands (Psychology)
- University of Albany, SUNY (Counseling Psychology)
- University of Iowa (Counseling Psychology)
- University of Kansas (Counseling Psychology)
- Western Michigan University (Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology)