To request a change in an approved Degree Audit, students should complete the Request for Change in Graduate Degree Audit. Students must submit the completed Change of Degree Audit to the program or sequence coordinator as an email attachment. The coordinator will review the change and submit the Change of Degree Audit to the Graduate School for approval.

Students and their faculty supervisors should complete the INDEPENDENT STUDY CONTRACT. The contract is an interactive Microsoft Word document that should be completed on a computer. Students should complete the top portion of the contract and provide a brief description of the independent study project. The faculty supervisor must complete the student’s responsibilities and grading criteria portion of the contract. The contract should be printed and signed by both parties. The signed contract should be submitted to the program or sequence coordinator for approval. After signing the contract, the program or sequence coordinator should submit the contract to the Graduate Programs Office for approval by the department chair.

Students cannot register for PSY 400 or PSY 500 until the contract has been approved by the department chair. When the contract is approved, the Graduate Programs Office will processed an override for the course, and students will be notified when they can register.